Thursday, December 9, 2010

love actually is all around...

Earlier this week I was invited to join in my friend Daci's little winter tradition of watching Love Actually and drinking the first mug of hot chocolate. I was surprised to find homemade hot chocolate and marshmallows with toppings galore upon my arrival! What a treat! I am sure her dog Ike must have helped :)

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."  - Love Actually

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i loved this night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...