Friday, September 24, 2010

rainbow cake continued

{inspiration pic by nicole hill gerulat from A Little Sussy}
{We used 2 boxes of white cake mix separated into 4 bowls and added the neon food coloring.}
{Once you get the preferred neon color you like, try the batter (of course) and pour into 4 individual 8" cake trays. Then pop those puppy's in the oven for about 24-26 minutes.}
{While the cake is baking you can start on the cream cheese icing. We just chose a simple butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar blend. After the layers were done, we put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes, but it probably would have been better if it was even longer than that. What I DID NOT do was level off the cake layers with a sharp knife, so unfortunately the cake turned into the leaning Tower of Piza!! Did I mention that this was my first attempt at layering a cake!?}
{So we just went with this leaning tower cake and added sprinkles that matched the layers. I was so nervous about transporting this cake to work the next day. Needless to say, we made it and Diane love it.}
{Even though it may not have been perfect and even though it eventually toppled over ... there was only a little bit left by the end of the day! Operation Layer Cake COMPLETE!!!!}

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! this was so much fun and WE are so much fun. i'm so glad we decided to take on this daunting task, even after our mini-breakdown in the grocery store when we realized there was no ingredients list. the cake turned out YUMMY and had character to spare - i'd say operation layer cake was a success! :)

Tison said...

That cake looks awesome. I don't care what the critics say, an amazing creation. Great job ladies!

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful, hate I did not get to sample!!!

A.P.

purpledog46 said...

Awesome Linz!!

susan said...

Layer cakes are tough to transport. Made a sheet cake for my parents' anniversary, loaded it in the back seat of my car, tossed in a toy poodle and do I need to say more....Happy Motoring with food stuffs !

Emily Mock said...

I think I've just hired my cake baker for the wedding!!!!!

ahmed deraz said...


خدمات الشارقة – بيت العز
شركة مكافحة الرمة فى الشارقة
شركة مكافحة الصراصير فى الشارقة




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...