Monday, October 18, 2010

lovely weekend

What my weekend usually consists of...

Friday nights are super low key. I feel that Friday is technically still a work day, therefore I refused to do much more than dinner and/or a movie (most of the time at home.) This Friday was no exception. However, I did have a mighty interesting guest that shared in the weekly "sud pup and tube" extravaganza. My sis, Les, was in town for the weekend. Guess I was too lazy to take pictures of that, but I think you get the idea.

If we are talking about usual weekend activity, I wouldn't have been out of bed on until 10-10:30, but I (surprisingly) got up on Saturday morning at 8:00am! Shocking honestly... this allowed enough time for me to get ready for the 10 o'clock yoga out at the temple. I was happy our instructor, Kate, decided to hold the class outside on the patio. It was such a gorgeous morning.

Saturday afternoon Tison and I went on a little date to the second annual beer tasting festival called Shreveport Brew at the Festival Plaza downtown where we tried a few new and interesting beer flavors... and ran into our friends Ross and Lauren.
{my IPhone pictures from the weekend are purrdy blurry...sorry}

After the tasting, we went home to change our outfits for a costume party! We had a lot of fun with Natalie, Cory and Shelley (aka Tha Situation and Snooki). I love dressing up!!

{Can you tell what we are?}
{Leslie came up with her outfit on the fly- I would love to know if any of you can guess what she was!? *hint- she has one horn and wings...}

On Sunday I typically lounge around- maybe clean something- maybe i just cuddle with the dogs....this particular Sunday Tison and I attempted to make an Alfredo sauce for our whole wheat pasta and crawfish.... it smelled so delish, but the texture reminded me of grits (not what we were going for.) *note to self: when you don't have enough parmesan cheese to add to the dish, DON'T use the stuff in the green container- it does not melt down- eww!!!

I did watch one of the cutest cartoons I have seen in a long time on Sunday- The Princess and the Frog. The story was set in New Orleans and I just loved it!


I hope you all had a great weekend!

ps- duh- of course I watched the season finale of Mad Men!!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...