Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Breathe

I guess it was about 2 or 3 years ago that I discovered this community of Yogis. {thanks Ryan} The instructor, Kate, has the most soothing voice. My friend Chessi and I went yesterday. This used to be an every Tuesday occurrence, but somehow the trend unfortunately trickled off....

I had somehow forgotten how wonderful it makes me feel and overlooked the ability to still the mind through meditation. After yesterday's practice I am here to say, "I am back baby." Although it is a trek to get out there, it is worth it! Yoga makes me stand up straighter and breathe deeper.
Ready? 
Breathe in 1-2-3-4
and out ahhhhhhhhh
Now, that was easy!
Don't you feel better already!?

1 comment:

Claire said...

I have to say I could not agree more with your feelings regarding yoga. It is such a wonderful experience and the way that it clears my mind for other activities is incredible. Why, sometimes after an unusually amazing session I feel as though I could float to a cloud and sit there watching my friends and family go about their daily routine.

After yoga I often find myself at my loosest (not morally) and most comfortable too! In no uncertain terms I have been practicing yoga for several years nows and its affects on my mind AND body are unreal.

Glad to see you are back. Keep it up, you will not regret it.

Namaste!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...