Friday, November 12, 2010

It's so easy to do a good deed...

If there is one thing that I have learned as a young adult, it is that I LOVE dogs! My sisters and I grew up with cats- Frisky, Ginger, and Oreo. The neighbors used to have doberman pinschers.... I am sure they were as sweet as can be, but they totally freaked me out as a kid. It wasn't until I left for college that my parents got Rosie, the family shih tzu. She isn't much bigger than the cats I grew up with, so it wasn't much of an adjustment.

Two years ago my boyfriend adopted a puppy that is part weimaraner, part dalmatian. His mother was left tied up at an abandoned house. Our friends Cory and Shelley had no idea she was pregnant when they rescued her. Sausage Bear (I wasn't around to help with the naming) instantly won my heart. I had no idea that larger dogs were so sweet! 


At this time last year I was going to my parents' house for dinner, when a helpless and emaciated dog came right up to me as I was getting out of the car. What was I to do? Even when the vet guessed that he was part pit bull, part great dane, there was no stopping me from opening my doors to whom we now call Mr. Butters.


Even though the house can almost never remain clean, I don't know what I would do without my boys :)

My aunt just sent me this link.
(this is at no cost to you)
Just one click and you have donated food to an animal shelter! Please visit this site. Who knows? You might be helping to save your next pet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...