Tuesday, August 20, 2013

it's a miracle...

...that any of my bras fit. I swear these things are resembling the Grand Tetons more and more every day! Getting dressed is starting to become an issue as my belly is really beginning to round outward. It makes my already rushed mornings (because I sleep until the last possible second) even more of an issue because I have to try on 3 different outfits before I find one that not only fits, but makes me not look like a bag lady. It's like one day I wasn't showing and then BOOM the next day (yesterday to be exact) I was getting comments from coworkers like, "what are you hiding under there" and " ohhhh, I think it's going to be a big baby!" My precious husband even said I look pregnant yesterday. So, I guess we are there. 13 weeks and 5 days - I am showing. My mom told me that she was so excited she was pregnant with me that she started wearing maternity clothes even before she started showing- and I don't mean to sound ungrateful- but I'm kinda like 'it's already time for the tub of maternity clothes Lauren let me borrow?'

At the doctors appt. on Thursday, the baby was moving around so much that it was hard for the ultrasound tech to get a picture or do the measurements or whatever it is they are looking for in there! She kept saying 'where ya going baby??' as he or she squirmed around in there like there was a private dance party. It made me giggle and I loved being able to share the news with Tison after the appointment. Even though our conversation was on the phone I could tell he was smiling with excitement. As this is the first appt. he didn't attend with me, he said, "this is the first time anyone has ever told me about our child. It is such a crazy feeling!"  I got a call from the doctor yesterday that the results from my blood work came back and everything is normal. We have a healthy baby in there and I couldn't be more proud of our little nugget.


"August feels like a hinge in the year.  Swing backwards and summer is there, swing forward and fall is waiting.  I'm in the swing forward camp. I'm never sorry to see summer end, although I'll miss the peaches.  I'm ready for sweaters and socks and new suede shoes."  -Stephanie Madewell

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...