Tuesday, February 8, 2011

weekend photos...

Thursday Night
Tison and I went to my parents for supper with M & D and Les. Steak and potatoes do a body good.

Friday
We experienced a snowday - took pictures, had a snow fight, watched old movies, ate sloppy joes, and sat by a bonfire with friends. Yep, pretty perfect!

Saturday
Sister Leslie left for New Orleans on Saturday morning to catch her flight back to Zimbabwe. She will be staying for 2 months and working there this time. I hope to update you on her experience there. It was a bitter sweet send off- I am going to miss her mucho, but know she is going to have such an amazing time. After saying my goodbyes to Leslie - Diane, Shelley, and I went to River City Antique Mall. When I tell you this place has so much stuff it gives you a headache- I am NOT KIDDING! We spent 2 hours getting lost in this place and I definitely didn't even see everything. We all left due to exhaustion and hunger!

Things I will bring next time: 1-gloves (it was cold in there) 2-water bottle 3-a snack 4-more cash!

Saturday Night
Shelley, Cory, Tison, and I went to the new restaurant Anvil {next to Superior Grill.} I really enjoyed the ambiance. The lights are dim, the walls are a splash of terracotta, the musician plays all the right fun and romantic songs. The menu has a lot to offer in the fried category... We split the firecracker shrimp, an appetizer that came with a sauce that much resembles ketchup and hot sauce, and also tried the burger. We both really enjoyed this $10 burger! I can't wait to go back.

Super Bowl Sunday
We picked up wings from Wing Stop and headed over to the Brownlee's to watch the Super Bowl. None of us really cared about either of the teams. In fact, it was quite hard to find an interest in the game at all, considering how exciting it was last year when the SAINTS played!!! I pretty much sat on the couch and played on my phone the whole time. However, we did celebrate the Green Bay victory with a champagne toast!

What would I do without my weekends?!?!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...