Wednesday, February 9, 2011

call me scatterbrained...

Go ahead- call me scatterbrained. I can take it, cause I know it's true, but I know am not the only one that loses, misplaces, or forgets her cell phone on occasion almost everyday...

Today for example. I run out of the house to go to Sam's for the mumbo jumbo coffeemate creamer (that they only sell there) and then head to the printer to approve a proof for a print job I have been working on. Once I get in the office I throw my stuff down and rush to the coffee pot in anticipation of using the new stuff for an excellent cup of coffee.
Ahh, everything is going well... until I need to make a phone call.

I proceed to check all pockets of my purse (twice)- the doubt starts to cloud the mind. "Did I remember to put it in my purse? Did I leave it at Sams? ...the printers?" I call it from the office line.... no ringing. Damn! I deduced the many locations it could be, however nothing can be done about it because I am at work and I have to take a shuttle and walk in the rain just to get to my vehicle. More times than not it is sitting there in my passenger seat when I get back to my car at the end of the day, after all that anxiety. 

Please tell me I am not the only one that freaks when she can't find her phone!? All your numbers - gone.... you can't text anyone all day...wanna check the list of music you have collected from satellite radio to download on itunes?  just forget it! Never did I think I would be the one that is dependent on a phone, but something feels off when I don't have it around...here's hoping it is patiently waiting for me after work!

I don't even have a house phone anymoe, but I am really beginning to miss land line days...

3 comments:

susan said...

Can you hear us now ?

Unknown said...

Yep, Aunt Susan. Sure enough- it was sitting in my car being all cold and lonely! I am just glad it isn't at Sam's!!!

Tison said...

How accurate is that portrayal of girls on the phone?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...