Tuesday, January 17, 2012

putting out fires, drinking lemon drops, and calling security...

Why haven't I posted anything on focused LINZ since the beginning of the month? I guess I haven't been very focused! I have taken a 2 week break from documenting my life with a ridiculous amount of photos. I am sure my family and friends are appreciative not to have a flash in their face by the crazy camera lady...my nickname really is razzi for paparazzi. This isn't to say I don't have 600 pictures from the Christmas holiday that plan to share. I am working on narrowing down and making a photo collage of said photos. (600 is not an exaggeration.)

These last 2 weeks have been filled with planning for a work conference that occured on Friday and Saturday of this past weekend. Through the concerted efforts of my co-workers, Keran, Katie, Lauren, and Matt, we pulled off a pretty good show. Things to remember about the weekend: 1. Although styrofoam-mardi gras colored-glitter balls are pretty in hurricane vases with a lit candle- remember they are highly flammable. 2. Figure out the microphone sound and cd/music sound before the President of the meeting gets up to give his opening remarks. Remember- some people are low talkers. 3. Things can get loud at the hotel bar after a lemon drop martini, vodka and ginger ale, and some red bull + a beer. Remember- you have a higher tolerance than most. 3. Arkansas people cannot handle their hot wings aka a big bowl of meat. 4. If someone dares enter your private conference that is strolling through the exhibitor booths thinking it is part of the car show going on downstairs, it's best to call security immediately. 5. Remember to properly thank everyone individually for the time they have given to make the event a success. Thank you!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...