Friday, December 9, 2011

at my third Christmas party...

First of all, I can't believe it's Christmas time. Second of all, I can't believe I have now attended my third Christmas party at my boss's house! {Remember last year?} I have been working at LSU for a long time now! Crazy. Most of my coworkers and I started around the same time. We have grown close to one another because of our jobs. This Christmas party was bitter sweet because I know, for a number of them, it will be their last. I get so sentimental about these things... I almost started crying at the party when I thought about it. I have said it before, and I'll probably say it again... I know that some days at work are the most grueling, exhausting and frustrating that we just want to scream, but we are all so lucky to work with each other. I have been truly blessed to be surrounded by such supportive people. Without everyone's optimism and encouragement I doubt any of us would have lasted this long. Most of us spend more time at work than we do at home...kindness and thoughtfulness go a long way.

So, I'm walking around snapping pictures of the party when I get a tap-tap-tap on my shoulder. I was asked by an older gentleman, "Are you taking pictures professionally?" I answer "Well, I work for the department..." He says, "Did you know there is a Princess here? Princess ______ of _____." For the life of me I cannot remember what he said because I was so dumbfounded. The man proceeds by getting her attention and inform her that I want to take her picture. She politely asks where I would like her to stand and I suggest a location were their wouldn't be people behind her. Then the most odd thing happens. She picks up that nutcracker and poses with it. It was so bizarre.
Of course I shared the "Princess Story" with everyone. Now we know how to pose like a princess!

1 comment:

Rebekka Seale said...

Hahaha, that princess story just made me laugh SO out loud!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...