Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Texas Avenue Makers Fair

This past Saturday, on the corner of Texas Avenue and Common Street in downtown Shreveport, vendors lined the covered pavilion with handmade crafts, clothing, jewelry, and southern food. My favorite moment was seeing a kid (no older than 13) selling duct tape notebooks all by himself! My mom bought earrings made out of sterling silver and bullet shells, I entered a raffle to win a 1960s bike, and Les and I shared the best fried crawfish ball ever. I feel so inspired from the experience that maybe I will even make something from my 'j'adore diy' board on pinterest this week.

You can't beat outings with family!

{More pictures of the Texas Avenue Makers Fair here.}

3 comments:

DJ said...

I LOVE the Makers Fair! I wish there was one every month. Last year I left saying, "I'm going to start making things and next year i'll have a booth." 1 year later - still can't make anything, but it was a nice thought!

Unknown said...

My mom and I said the same thing about a once a month fair, but wondered if people wouldn't go and say "Oh, I'll catch it next month." Who knows...Lauren and I are thinking about having a pinterest craft night if you are interested!

Queen Halloween said...

I got food poisoning that day ... this is when being a one woman business sucks! My little Zombees will be at the next one, though. On Russell's birthday! haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...