Monday, November 7, 2011

"how old are you?"

"How old are you?" was a question I got from Tison when I told him I had joined a book club. I am never quick on my feet with immediate replies so I am pretty sure I said something resembling, " Oh yeah, well how old are you?!" I'm working on my ability have quick and clever rebuttals, I promise. So when I join a bridge club I will have something really snazzy to say...

Our most recent read was Pioneer Woman: From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. If any of you read this and loved it, I do apologize for admitting I couldn't even finish the book. I am sure this woman is precious and her Marlboro Man is the definition of "Knight in Shining Armour," but I just couldn't get into it. However, the book club nights are always fun. I had no idea when we started this thing how much I would enjoy talking about the book (or part of the book) that I read. These girls have their opinions honey and I love getting to agree, disagree, or agree to disagree with them.

We all agreed that the recipes by Pioneer Woman were delicious! My mouth salivates every time I think about the sweet marinated tomatoes Diane made; the fig-prosciutto pizza with arugula by our host Laura was such an unusual coupling that I can't wait to make it at home.

I heart you book club!

Our next book is Pride & Prejudice. This will be my third time reading this Jane Austen masterpiece. I am ready to fall in love with Mr. Darcy all over again.

2 comments:

siddathornton said...

<3

DJ said...

bahahah I love your rebuttal. That's exactly what I would say! Can't wait to hear your bridge club comeback!

I could definitely go for some bruschetta and pizza right about now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...