Thursday, August 9, 2012

babysitting Hudson...

Over the weekend Lauren and David had an engagement party to attend and asked Uncle Tison and Aunt Lindsey to babysit! This was the longest time either of us have spent with Hudson one-on-one ever! I was a bit nervous about entertaining him from 2-8. I had mommy friends on call, I made lists of things to do, Lauren even made a list for me too. I think she sensed my anxiousness. I don't know what I was so scared of though! Hudson was the most precious, calm, and curious little boy I have ever had the privileged of spending time with- the entire time {except when I got soap in his eyes during bath time.} I'd say I've improved a little since this time babysitting, don't you?

 I tried to document our few hours together. I captured just about everything but the hour we spent on the couch reading together- he, nuzzling up under my arm turning the pages, me, swooning over his sweetness. I could have sat there with him forever.
Hudson just loves to be chased. We got creative with the water sprinkler. Tison and I had so much fun with chasing him around. I mean- look at that smile!
{The new cool thing to do- put your finger in your belly button.}
He's the next Picasso.
Since water and chasing were making him giggle, I decided to blow up this water toy. When he showed hesitation in approaching it, I knew I was going to have to go in and play. He was very interested in how the little tikes ball squirted out the water. After awhile, we were both soaked and were ready for inside games.
After we changed clothes, we sang songs, read books, played games, and ate dinner...
...to my surprise, it was time for a bath and a bedtime story! I couldn't believe how fast the time had flown. Lauren and David, thanks for letting us play. He's such a peach. I can't believe you're about to have another little one running around in less than a month!!! xoxo


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...